reStoration. Time away. (REST)
It’s for you. Inner work in the outer world. The revolutionary work of feeding your soul for a sustainable body is waiting for you (Inner evolution = Outer revolution)
Join Annette for an extraordinary, once in a lifetime (unless you go again next year) 8 day, 7 night yoga retreat to Greek’s southern most island of Crete. Crete is an island as rich in history as it is in physical beauty. Birthplace of the Greek god Zeus, the Greek alphabet and the first Greek laws, as well as the home of 15 mountain ranges and the longest gorge in Europe, Crete is indisputably unique. And since ancient times, Cretan’s have suffered conquest and occupation by Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, Venetians, Ottoman Turks and Germans…yet still remarkably and genuinely exhibit unparalleled hospitality. You simply cannot mention Crete without reference to the cuisine. Heralded for their renowned healthy diet, wine and olive oil, Cretan’s dine on the freshest fish, meat, produce, grains and fruit harvested straight from the island’s fertile soil and sea.
A scenic one hour drive from the international airport and Crete’s largest city Heraklion delivers you to our stunning retreat setting…the historic village of Kapetaniana! Nestled in the Asterousia mountains and overlooking the Libyan Sea, this tranquil, unspoiled setting is home to Thalori Retreat – a place where nature and its gifts are combined with fine accommodation and the best in traditional Cretan cuisine. The name ‘Thalori’ comes from the Greek: Thalassa (sea) and Ori (Mountain) – two words which describe our geographic position – a rare coupling that provides for a remarkable retreat experience.
Combining the authentic architectural style of rural Crete with contemporary comfort, Thalori consists of traditional houses — each with its own distinctive personality and integrated into the living village of Kapetaniana. All rooms accommodations are double occupancy with full board (single occupancy options are available for an additional cost).
Three “once in a lifetime” excursions are also included in the retreat fee. You will have the rare opportunity to experience sunrise yoga and meditation atop the sacred peak of Mt Kofinas. Go on a coastline hike to Crete’s most prominent monastery where we will take lunch with the monks and, weather permitting, enjoy with an afternoon of swimming and boating in the crystal blue Libyan sea. Engage with the local traditions, foods and crafts at a local Cretean market followed by a wine tasting and lunch at a 150 year old family farmhouse amidst ancient olive groves.
For more information on Thalori Retreat visit https://www.thalori.com/en.
- Sat, May 16 to Sat, May 23
- Getting There: Crete is an easily accessible international destination. You can fly into Heraklion International Airport from most every major European hub (with Athens, Greece, offering the most flights.) Private transfer (or coordinated group transfer) to/from Thalori can be arranged through many agencies that service the island. Assistance will be provided through Curious Nomad Travel as departure approaches.
- FULL BOARD ACCOMMODATIONS – 7 nights double occupancy accommodation in authentically restored Cretan guesthouses which typically include a sitting area, fireplace, air conditioning, small kitchen, and a personal outdoor patio. (Single occupancy available at additional cost shown below.) –
- 3 nutritious and delicious authentic Cretean meals daily – vegan & vegetarian options available.
- Local Cretean house wines included in the evening meal.
- Includes all resort taxes, gratuities, and service charges.
- Hike to Mt. Kofinas for an unparalleled sunrise yoga and meditation experience.
- Hike along the surreal crystal clear, brilliant blue Libyan Sea to Koudoumas Monastery for lunch with the monks. Swimming in the sea to follow with (weather permitting) a sea return to trail-head and Thalori…
- Village and market visit followed by lunch featuring traditional Cretean cuisine and wines in a 150 year old family owned stone farmhouse.
- YOGA, REST AND RELAXATION
- Daily yoga & meditation practice – all levels welcome
- Ample time for rest, reflection, relaxation and exploration
Does not include:
- Transfer to and from airports (assistance with arrangements will be provided)
- Travel insurance
- Optional excursions (archaeological and historical excursions, village excursions,trips to the sea, horseback riding, mountain biking – it’s almost endless)
- Optional body treatments.
- Laundry and items of a personal nature.
- $2500 excluding airfare and transfers to/from Thalori
- ($500 additional for a single occupancy).
- $500 non-refundable deposit required by Dec 28th
- Balance in full due Feb 15th (non-refundable)
***Participation is limited to 10 persons and will be filled on a first come, first served basis based on deposit.