Preparing for your float Start to Finish
Welcome to our Floatation Therapy. Whether you are floating to reduce pain, relieve stress, or just overall relaxation here are a few tips to make your session a success. To read more about the benefits read the following journal of alternative medicine which discusses the benefits of floating in a NY Times article.
It’s easy to REST, but here are our recommendations to ensure your float is the best it can be!
The Day of Your Float:
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time. This allows you to take care of paperwork and prepare for your float without pressure.
- Avoid shaving; tanning, waxing—or anything else that would increase the sensitivity of your skin.
- We can provide Vaseline to protect any small cuts and grazes from stinging! Just ask us for a packet.
- Hair color needs to be “set” before coming in to float (your shower water is running completely clear). Please reschedule if it is not.
- We encourage clients to avoid caffeine for at least 4 hours before floating for the most relaxing experience.
- Women experiencing their menstrual cycle the day of their float MUST reschedule their appointment — thank you!
- We recommend eating something small prior to your float, but allow at least 30 minutes to digest before your appointment.
What to Bring:
- There’s a lot of salt in our float pods. Thus, it is best to avoid wearing your “best clothes”. We recommend comfortable garments that are easy to change in and out of.
- We provide a towel, shampoo and soap. You may wish to bring personal care items such as deodorant, facial/body moisturizer and perhaps a comb or brush for after your float.
- We encourage clients to float nude for the greatest experience—the room is private and features its own shower and changing area. Of course, feel free to bring a swimsuit if you prefer.
- Those under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted to float.
Your Float Session:
After showering you may enter the Float Pod, which contains just 10 inches of water.
You may leave your pod’s lid open or closed for your float. The lid is on hydraulic arms and opens easily when pushed.
Lie back gently; the buoyancy of the water will effortlessly support you.
Once your session has started you will have access to your control buttons—including your light and music.
Violet– calms highly-strung, excitable people Blue– peaceful and soothing Calming tired nerves, alleviating agony and pain; Green– helps alleviate anxiousness, nervous disorders, tension; Use Yellow– if you feel nervous or tired; Orange– to increase appetite, need joy and well-being, stomach disorders nervousness, skin problems allergies, vertical grooves in your nails; Red– has a stimulating power
You are in full control of your light (which features a variety of options) during your session. We recommend turning it off for the deepest experience—but this is always up to you.
If you find that music enhances your relaxation you may also bring your own music for your floats—ask your float consultant to show you how! The float has ended once your Pod’s filtration system comes on and the water starts to move.
Refrain from touching your face while in the Float Pod to avoid getting salt into your eyes. That being said, we provide squirt bottles of fresh water in each pod as a precaution! Initially, pain or tension in the body may seem more noticeable. This is due to the float’s ability to eliminate the typical distractions we face. Simply breathe and know that this is normal. As the session progresses sensations will dissipate.
After Your Session…
- After your session, drink plenty of water and get rest!
- We encourage you to stop at the café, continue to relax and enjoy some of our nutritious offerings.
- We’d love if you shared your experience on Facebook, Yelp, Twitter , Foursquare, or Instagram, too!
- Flotation is a serious therapy; pay attention as the benefits of flotation carry into the days following your session. Take note of how you feel in the next few days.
- Did you sleep better? How are your pain levels? Do you notice a lighter, more carefree mood?
- Although there are many ‘typical’ or common experiences, many customers have unique responses to their own individual physical and emotional needs. Regardless of the variety of responses, one general rule of thumb stands out, the more you float, the better it gets! We hope you’ll consider returning time and time again to experience the science of feeling great.